REDUCE - REUSE- RECYLE
Recycling requires a small amount of time, yet offers substantial and rewarding benefits to our community, county, and country.
Did you know if you throw put your aluminum can in the trash it will sit in a landfill for roughly 500 years!! If you recycle, it will be back on the shelf for re-purchase in 90 days!!!
About 75% of the items you throw into a trashcan could be put in the recycle bin.
Curbside Recycling Collection
All residents and businesses of Shafter, Wasco and the surrounding areas service is as follows:
- Service includes a 96 Gallon Cart
- Free delivery
- Month to Month Service
- Bi-Weekly Pick Up
For larger recyclers or businesses bins can be provided
What Goes In My Blue Recycle Can or Bin? Try Our New Sorting Tool!
Examples of the materials we recycle
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Newspapers and everything in it
- Paperboard (cereal boxes)
- Paper, Cardboard, Dairy, and Juice Cartons
- Unsolicited Direct Mail
- Phone Books
- Clear (Flint) Glass
- Brown (Amber) Glass
- Green (Emerald) Glass
- Code 1 (PET or PETE) Water and Soft drink bottles
- Code 2 (HDPE) Milk jugs, Laundry detergent, Cereal box liners
- Code 3 (PVC) Window cleaner and dishwashing detergent bottles
- Code 4 (LDPE) Squeezable bottles, Bread wrappers, Frozen Food bags, Dry Cleaning bags
- Code 5 (PP) Yogurt containers, Syrup bottles, Catsup bottles
- Code 6 (PS) coffee cups, plates, and egg cartons, Styrofoam®
- Code 7 (other) three- and five-gallon water bottles, computer cases, Nylon®